- PC-DMIS 2013 MR1 operates under 32-bit and 64-bit Vista; 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7; and 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8. No other operating systems are supported.
- 2 GHZ or higher Duo-Core processor.
- 4 GB of RAM or higher. (4 GB is the highest amount of memory capable on a 32-bit OS.)
- 2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated Virtual Memory of 8 times the largest CAD file used.
- Professional 3D graphics processors such as Quadro line from Nvidia or FirePro line from AMD/ATI.
- 1 GB of video RAM.
- DVD drive.
- SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive).
- 2 USB ports.
- 2 Ethernet ports. (This is only required for specific machine controller communication needs, such as CMM systems.)
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 for Windows 7.
- Microsoft .NET 4.5 for Windows 8.
- Internet Explorer version 9.
- PC-DMIS Vision machines do not support 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8.
- The Matrox Framegrabber and CMM-V probe PC-DMIS Vision hardware components do not support a 64-bit operating system.
- The size of the CAD data file and the tessellation multiplier value used affect the amount of memory needed. These both affect the amount of tessellated facets needed to display the model. The smaller the tessellation multiplier value used, the more memory needed for the facets. For large CAD models, this could cause an "Out Of Memory" error. If this occurs, the current PC-DMIS session will be left in an unstable state and should be terminated.
The default tessellation multiplier value is 1.0. Setting a tessellation multiplier of 0.1 will result in a 10 to 20 percent increase in the memory required over the default value of 1.0. Decreasing the tessellation multiplier further to 0.01 will result in an additional 50 to 65 percent increase of memory required.
- The graphics driver must support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. A warning message will be displayed on PC-DMIS startup if the driver does not support OpenGL 3.0.
- A graphics driver that supports OpenGL 4.2 is required for high-quality transparency.
- A non-professional graphical processor may also be acceptable (Intel HD Graphics, GeForce, or Radeon, for example) as long as it supports OpenGL 3.0 or higher.
About the PC-DMIS 64-Bit Version
- Nvidia seems to produce better OpenGL drivers than AMD, so Nvidia is recommended over AMD.
The following items are only supported in the 32-bit (x86) version of the software; they are not available in the 64-bit version:
- CAD (3D ACIS data embedded inside of DXF Files)
- Translators (Avail, Datalog, MeasureMax, MMIV, XMLStats, and Tutor)
- NC product line
- Vision (MEI, Metronics, QVI, ROI, TESAI++, and TESAVISIO)
- CMM (B & S Backtalk, Embedded Board, Manmiti, Manmora, Metrocom, Mitutoyo GPIB, Zeiss Manual, GeoCom, GOM, LK, ManualCMM, Numerex, Omniman, Tech80, and anything using the parallel port driver)
- Portable (FaroArmUSB and Axila)