1. If you have PC-DMIS installed already, go to Existing Installs at the bottom of this article.
2. When you install PC-DMIS for the first time, the installer will prompt to choose your license type as shown:
2. Choose LMS and select Next
3. Enter the unique Entitlement ID (EID) (e.g. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) as shown on your software entitlement certificate for the node locked license. Ensure you are using correct FNO URL as shown:
Exception - If you license EID starts with "99999-..." you must change your FNO URL to https://licensing-dev.wilcoxassoc.com/flexnet/services
4. Click Next which will automatically validate the node-locked license over the internet and activate it for this machine only.
5. Allow the PC-DMIS installation to proceed to until finished.
This should complete the new PC-DMIS Node-locked license installation.
If PC-DMIS was installed previously using LMS, then you should go to this article: How do I make changes or updates to an existing LMS license?
If PC-DMIS was installed previously using only a portlock, then you should go to this article: How to switch an existing install of PC-DMIS from a HASP (Portlock) to a LMS node-locked license?
Basically, you will have to 1) activate the LMS license using the CLM Admin utility and 2) change the parameter UseLMSLicensing to 1 in the PC-DMIS Settings Editor. If for some reason the portlock is no longer available and you cannot start the PC-DMIS Settings Editor, then you can simply edit this setting in the Windows Registry. Go to Start, type "Regedit" to enter the Windows Registry and look under:
64-bit OS- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\WAI\PC-DMIS\<version#>\Licensing
32-bit OS- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WAI\PC-DMIS\<version#>\Licensing
Note: in PC-DMIS 2016 and higher "WAI" in the path is replaced with "Hexagon". The paths will be:
64-bit OS- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Hexagon\PC-DMIS\<version#>\Licensing
32-bit OS- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hexagon\PC-DMIS\<version#>\Licensing
After making both of these changes as per the article instructions, remove the portlock and attempt to start PC-DMIS.
(Topic ID 16101-702)