Download the world's #1 CMM Software today!
Please Note: PC-DMIS 2014.1 is a mid-cycle release, formerly named MR1, and is not availble through the WebUpdater. This version is not a Service Pack and requires a new installation.
Service Pack 2 Available Now!
PC-DMIS 2014.1 operates under the following:
No other operating systems are supported.
- 32-bit and 64-bit Vista
- 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7
- 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 for Windows 7
- Microsoft .NET 4.5 for Windows 8
- 4 GB of RAM or higher (4 GB is the highest amount of memory capable on a 32-bit OS)
- 1 GB of video RAM
- 2 GHZ or higher Duo-Core processor
- For PC-DMIS CAD and CAD++: Professional 3D graphics processors such as Quadro line from Nvidia or FirePro line from AMD/ATI. Nvidia seems to produce better OpenGL drivers than AMD, so Nvidia is recommended over AMD.
- For PC-DMIS Pro, a non-professional graphical processor may also be acceptable (Intel HD Graphics, GeForce, or Radeon, for example) as long as it supports OpenGL 3.0 or higher.
- 2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated Virtual Memory of 8 times the largest CAD file used.
- SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive)
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher
- 2 Ethernet ports. (This may be required for specific installations in consideration of local needs, including but not limited to CMM systems where one port is required for controller communications and another for Intranet/Internet communications.)
- 2 USB ports
- DVD drive
Windows XP support: Beginning with v2012 MR1, there will be no support for the Windows XP operating system. While this version likely runs fine in XP, it will not be tested under the XP operating system. Also note that some parts of the user interface do not appear optimally in XP.
- PC-DMIS Vision machines do not support 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8.
- The Matrox Framegrabber and CMM-V probe PC-DMIS Vision hardware components do not support a 64-bit operating system.
- The size of the CAD data file and the tessellation multiplier value used affect the amount of memory needed. These both affect the amount of tessellated facets needed to display the model. The smaller the tessellation multiplier value used, the more memory needed for the facets. For large CAD models, this could cause an "Out Of Memory" error. If this occurs, the current PC-DMIS session will be left in an unstable state and should be terminated.
The default tessellation multiplier value is 1.0. Setting a tessellation multiplier of 0.1 will result in a 10 to 20 percent increase in the memory required over the default value of 1.0. Decreasing the tessellation multiplier further to 0.01 will result in an additional 50 to 65 percent increase of memory required.
- The graphics driver must support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. A warning message will be displayed on PC-DMIS startup if the driver does not support OpenGL 3.0.
- A video adapter with at least 1 GB of memory and a graphics driver that supports OpenGL 4.2 are required for high-quality transparency.
- A non-professional graphical processor may also be acceptable (Intel HD Graphics, GeForce, or Radeon, for example) as long as it supports OpenGL 3.0 or higher.
About the PC-DMIS 64-Bit Version
- Nvidia seems to produce better OpenGL drivers than AMD, so Nvidia is recommended over AMD.
The following items are only supported in the 32-bit (x86) version of the software; they are not available in the 64-bit version:
- CAD (3D ACIS data embedded inside of DXF Files)
- Translators (Avail, Datalog, MeasureMax, MMIV, XMLStats, and Tutor)
- NC product line
- Vision (MEI, Metronics, QVI, ROI, TESAI++, and TESAVISIO)
- CMM (B & S Backtalk, Embedded Board, Manmiti, Manmora, Metrocom, Mitutoyo GPIB, Zeiss Manual, GeoCom, GOM, LK, ManualCMM, Numerex, Omniman, Tech80, and anything using the parallel port driver)
- Portable (FaroArmUSB and Axila)
Advantages of 64-Bit:
- Customers with the x64-bit version of CAD packages need the 64-bit version of PC-DMIS in order to use Direct CAD Interfaces (DCI) to connect to the packages.
- The 64-bit version of PC-DMIS can use all of the physical memory that is available on the computer. The 32-bit version of PC-DMIS can only use the first 2 GB. Therefore, customers with large CAD or measurement routines are advised to use the x64-bit version.