If the splash screen for PC-DMIS momentarily appears and then disappears, or PC-DMIS does not start not open or start properly, one possibility is:
During a previous use, was there a pop up warning about a potential graphics instability?
If the user checked “NO” to the question "Continue with potential graphics instability?" and also checked "Don't ask me again"?, then PC-DMIS will be in a no-show/no-go state and immediately close back down.
If this problem occurs, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the following directory:
(Note: in PC-DMIS 2016 and higher "WAI" in the path is replaced with "Hexagon").
- In that directory, delete the file messageboxoptions.dat
- Close the explorer and restart PC-DMIS
- When the question appears, first check the box "Don't ask me again" then click "Yes"
- PC-DMIS will open and that question will not appear on subsequent startups.
Note: If the splash screen appearance/disappearance is not observable, another check for start-up issues is to open Windows Task Manager (Control-Alt-Delete) and see if PC-DMIS shows up temporarily in the Processes when attempting to open. The Image Name is PCDLRN.exe, Description is PC-DMIS Application.
Versions: PC-DMIS 2014-2016
(Topic ID 16101-932)