2017 R1 Release
Download the world's #1 CMM Software today!
|Quickly create efficient Measurement Plans today -- without coding
|PC-DMIS is the world's most popular CMM software for the collection, evaluation, management and presentation of manufacturing data. The standard on Hexagon Metrology measurement devices PC-DMIS is also available on a wide range of non-Hexagon equipment. Use it to fully leverage your manufacturing process and build truly lean systems.
|Additional downloads for PC-DMIS 2017 R1
||Helpful information and tutorials
|PC-DMIS 2017 R1 Release Notes
|PC-DMIS 2017 R1 Software Certification
||Hexagon Metrology University
|PC-DMIS 2017 R1 Specific Language Packs
||Other PC-DMIS Release Versions
Recommended System Requirements
Attention 32-bit users!
PC-DMIS 2017 R2 will no longer support the 32-bit Windows operating system, regardless of the operating system version number. PC-DMIS 2017 R1 will be the final 32-bit version of PC-DMIS supported by Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence. If you have not already done so, please update your measurement device operating system and hardware (personal computer), if necessary, to a modern 64-bit system with a more current and stable Windows operating system such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 7.
Customers moving to a modern operating system will benefit from:
- Dramatically enhanced security
- Broad device choice for a mobile workforce
- Higher user productivity
- A lower total cost of ownership through improved management capabilities
- PC-DMIS 2017 R1 operates under the following:
- 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10
- 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8.1 and 8
- 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7
- 32-bit and 64-bit Vista
No other operating systems are supported.
- When using third-party drivers, you should contact your local Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence representative to ensure operating system compatibility
- Running PC-DMIS inside a Virtual Machine (VM) is not supported
Advantages of 64-bit:
- PC-DMIS Vision machines do not support 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8
- The Matrox Framegrabber PC-DMIS Vision hardware component does not support a 64-bit operating system
- Customers with the x64-bit version of CAD packages need the 64-bit version of PC-DMIS in order to use Direct CAD Interfaces (DCI) to connect to the packages.
- The 64-bit version of PC-DMIS can use all of the physical memory that is available on the computer. The 32-bit version of PC-DMIS can only use the first 2 GB. Therefore, customers with large CAD or measurement routines are advised to use the x64-bit version.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 for Windows
- If you do not have .NET Framework 4.6.1, the PC-DMIS installer will install it for you
- 4 GB of RAM or higher (4 GB is the highest amount of memory capable on a 32-bit OS)
- The size of the CAD data file and the tessellation multiplier value used affect the amount of memory needed. These both affect the amount of tessellated facets needed to display the model. The smaller the tessellation multiplier value used, the more memory needed for the facets. For large CAD models, this could cause an ‘Out Of Memory’ error. If this occurs, the current PC-DMIS session will be left in an unstable state and should be terminated.
- The default tessellation multiplier value is 1.0. Setting a tessellation multiplier of 0.1 will result in a 10 to 20 percent increase in the memory required over the default value of 1.0. Decreasing the tessellation multiplier further to 0.01 will result in an additional 50 to 65 percent increase of memory required.
- 1 GB of video RAM
- 2 GHZ or higher Duo-Core processor
- For desktops: Nvidia Quadro K620 graphics card.
- For laptops: Nvidia Quadro K1100M graphics card.
- The graphics driver must support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. A warning message appears on PC-DMIS startup if the driver does not support OpenGL 3.0 or if your graphics driver is more than a year old.
- 2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated Virtual Memory of 8 times the largest CAD file used
- SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive)
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher.
- 2 Ethernet ports. (This may be required for specific installations in consideration of local needs, including but not limited to CMM systems where one port is required for controller communications and another for intranet/Internet communications.)
- 2 USB ports
- DVD drive
- HASP key (a physical USB portlock) or a software licence
- A HASP key does not act as general-purpose data storage; therefore, you cannot use a HASP key to store (download) arbitrary data from a computer. Similarly, you cannot use a HASP key to put (upload) arbitrary data on a computer.
- Also, only Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence applications can read or write to a HASP key; other applications do not have this capability. As a result, you cannot use a HASP key to load and unload data to and from a computer.
- Internet Explorer version 10 or later.
Solutions for CMMs Using RS-232 Communications
- Wilcox Associates Inc. used the Sophos Antivirus tool to test PC-DMIS. The user will need to confirm the performance of any other antivirus tool.
- If you are installing PC-DMIS on a new or existing computer, but you have an older CMM model that uses RS-232 communications, then you will need to install one of these solutions on your computer:
- An external RS-232 serial-to-USB adapter cable plus the serial-to-USB adapter cable driver
- An internal serial adapter card with serial ports